EMV Capital is an award-winning VC investor specialising in early stage high-growth deep tech companies in the life science, sustainability and industrials sectors in the UK and internationally.
EMV Capital develops unique investment strategies for each portfolio company, drawing on its EIS fund and extensive network of private investors, family offices, institutions, and corporate VCs. Delivery and successful execution of these investment strategies enables innovative portfolio companies to raise funding to drive transformational growth.
EMV Capital is a wholly owned subsidiary of NetScientific plc (AIM:NSCI), a deep tech and life sciences VC investment group.
Proactive Portfolio Management
We believe our support is of the greatest value when it is tailored closely to the needs of your business. Our value-add services include support in business development, finance, people and operations, financial modelling, IP review, and recruitment. We also offer round structuring support, ensuring our companies get access to the capital they need to scale, while optimising our risk-return profile. Uniquely our team take a more active operational role where there is an opportunity to drive outsized returns for select investments.
Forming collaborative partnerships with management teams, we leverage our deep industry and functional expertise, and network of advisors to tackle strategic challenges together.
While a board seat is a requirement, our commitment goes far beyond.
- Experienced Team: EMVC has an experienced, international and multidisciplinary team comprised of both full-time principals and part-time advisors
- International Network: International network of experts, investors and corporates, enabling portfolio companies to potentially access investors and markets beyond the UK
- Capital Light Investment Strategy: Helping portfolio companies find a mix of funding sources, including equity, grants, debt or corporate collaborations
- Systematic Deal Selection Methodology: Use of a transparent and consistent method for deal evaluation and selection
- Proactive Portfolio Management: Unique investment strategies for each company, value creation programs and investor director representation
- Value Add Activities: Support for building a commercialisation strategy, attracting key hires, structuring investment rounds
- Strong Corporate Links: Working with industrial corporates to validate technology, accelerate go-to-market and forge collaborations
- Fostering Portfolio Synergies: Enabling portfolio companies to tap into a wider pool of resources, accelerating growth and creating new opportunities for innovation