EMV Capital is an award-winning VC investor specialising in early stage high-growth deep tech companies in the life science, sustainability and industrials sectors in the UK and internationally
EMV Capital develops unique investment strategies for each portfolio company, drawing on its EIS fund and extensive network of private investors, family offices, institutions, and corporate VCs. Delivery and successful execution of these investment strategies enables innovative portfolio companies to raise funding to drive transformational growth.
EMV Capital is a wholly owned subsidiary of NetScientific plc (AIM:NSCI), a life sciences and technology commercialisation and investment group.
EMV Capital has a multi-disciplinary team of specialist investors, portfolio managers, capital raisers, legal, finance, marketing and support staff. The company is focused on primary and secondary investments, through debt and/or equity.
EMV Capital is an exclusive advisor to the EMVC Evergreen EIS Fund. EMV Capital Limited is an appointed representative of Sapphire Capital Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We look for entrepreneurial teams who are building exciting B2B technology-based businesses that have the potential to scale in large proven markets. We help the companies we invest in through equity and debt investment, access to a network of industry experts, brokering corporate linkages and syndicating with other investors. EMVC recognizes the benefits of corporate engagement for early-stage technology companies, with EMVC’s team having led and structured investments alongside some of the world’s leading corporations, including ABB, Philips Lighting (Signify), Saint-Gobain, Evonik Industries, and Flex. Where appropriate, EMVC can help companies fast-track their investment readiness through its ecosystem of advisors and service providers.
EMV Capital works with promising and ambitious companies that are pre-Series A, Series A, early growth and special situations. We help develop a customized investment strategy for each company, so that the companies we work with have access to the right type of funding and support specific to their sector and stage of development. We achieve that by syndicating investment sources from the EMV EIS Fund, and network of investors from Family Offices, Wealth Managers, institutional VC investors and Corporate VC funds. This ensures that the businesses we work with have access to the right type and scale of investment appropriate to their stage of investment.
Value Added Support
We believe our support is of the greatest value when it is tailored closely to the needs of your business. We never offer money alone. Whatever stage of investment, we are looking to support teams who will welcome our active collaboration and hands-on support. If you have solved all the problems and all you need is finance, we are probably not the right partner for you. Where appropriate, EMV Capital can help companies fast-track their investment readiness through its ecosystem of industry experts and service providers.
- Experienced Team: EMVC has an experienced, international and multidisciplinary team comprised of both full-time principals and part-time advisors
- International Network: International network of experts, investors and corporates, enabling portfolio companies to potentially access investors and markets beyond the UK
- Capital Light Investment Strategy: Helping portfolio companies find a mix of funding sources, including equity, grants, debt or corporate collaborations
- Systematic Deal Selection Methodology: Use of a transparent and consistent method for deal evaluation and selection
- Proactive Portfolio Management: Unique investment strategies for each company, value creation programs and investor director representation
- Value Add Activities: Support for building a commercialisation strategy, attracting key hires, structuring investment rounds
- Strong Corporate Links: Working with industrial corporates to validate technology, accelerate go-to-market and forge collaborations
- Fostering Portfolio Synergies: Enabling portfolio companies to tap into a wider pool of resources, accelerating growth and creating new opportunities for innovation.