Department: Business Development
Reporting to: Head of Private Clients
Location: Central London (Remote working an option)
Remuneration: Competitive Salary plus discretionary bonus
EMV Capital Ltd (EMVC) is a London-based award-winning VC investment company, focused on the industrials, sustainability and healthcare sectors, with investments in the UK and internationally. EMVC is a subsidiary of AIM-listed NetScientific PLC, a life sciences and sustainability technology investment and commercialisation group that leverages trans-Atlantic relationships and global opportunities. EMVC’s EIS investment practice works alongside other parts of the business to develop winning investment solutions for EMVC’s portfolio companies, from pre-Series A through to growth stages.
Summary of Role:
We have a new and exciting position for a full time, Junior Internal Business Development Associate to join EMV Capital’s Enterprise Investment scheme (EIS) fundraising team, to both support the existing investors’ network and drive new business development. The successful candidate will work directly with the Head of Private Clients and Head of Business Development to drive additional investment into portfolio companies through the EIS and similar strategies. This will come through operational support, as well as outbound campaigns to promote EMVC, its portfolio companies, and to ultimately increase the active investor base. We want you to develop and fulfil your potential with EMVC and will support the successful candidate in achieving career progression. The prime objective of this role is to become an autonomous sales manager with your own active investor base.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead Generation
- CRM Management (SalesForce)
- Generate and prospect new High Net Worth investors
- Post sales administration
- Distributing application forms, investor certificates, investor reports etc.
- Assist in producing sales and marketing literature
- Answering RFP’s/DDQ’s
- Answering investor queries
- Any ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Management team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 4 qualification in Financial Services advantageous – typically an investment advice diploma, IMC or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will possess a relevant degree (Scientific/Mathematical/Analytical) or equivalent qualification
- Previous sales experience (tax efficient sector advantageous but not essential)
- High level of Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Applications
- Experience in working with a CRM system (such as SalesForce)
- Highly motivated and driven individual
- Effective communicator with excellent organizational skills
- Team player
- Excellent telephone manner
Applications to: EMV Capital, Canary Wharf, London (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please submit your CV and a cover letter using the form below.