EMVC works with promising and ambitious companies that are pre-Series A, Series A, early growth and special situations. We are a hands-on multi-stage investor and advisor, and we recognise that the funding needs of companies differ across sectors, technologies, geographies and over time. Therefore a core part of EMVC’s model is to develop a customized investment strategy for each company, so that the companies we work with have access to the right type of funding and support specific to their sector and stage of development. We achieve that by syndicating investment sources from the EMVC Evergreen EIS Fund, and networks of investors from Family Offices, Wealth Managers, institutional VC investors and Corporate VC funds. This ensures that the businesses we work with have access to the right type and scale of investment appropriate to their stage of investment.
If you want to start a conversation with us about how we can help your business, please submit your pitch deck or business plan via the Contact page.
Note we prioritise investment opportunities that come to us through our network of trusted advisors, venture partners and corporate collaborators.
What we look for:
Whatever stage your company is at, we look for the following attributes:
- A clear understanding of the problem you are addressing: What causes it? Why should we care? Are there any upcoming changes (e.g. regulatory restrictions) that are being pre-empted by your technology or product?
- An innovative proprietary technology: How does your technology work? Where does the innovation lie? Howis what you’re doing better than what already exists?
- Barriers to entry: Clear barriers to entry for competitors, whether through patents, business model, or otherwise.
- A lean business: How are you using the latest technologies and techniques to do more with less? How are you taking advantage of strategic partnerships to increase your capacity?
- A clear business model with obvious growth potential: What is your total addressable market? How will you make money? Why will customers be willing to pay? How will you grow into a multi-million pound business?
- Financial plan: A credible budget and financial model that will take you to the next relevant fundable event, and a realistic 3 year financial model. Don’t worry – we know reality will change your model, but we want to understand your ability to translate a vision into a credible financial plan.
- A high quality team: Who are you and how are you qualified for this role? What skills and experience are you equipped with that make you uniquely able to solve this problem? How can you illustrate your commitment to the project? What gaps in your team do you need to fill, and when?
What we aren’t looking for:
- We are not the right investor for App, digital media companies or B2C companies.
- Blue-sky research projects or unproven technologies.
- Entrepreneurs who are looking for passive investors. (We want to help you build your business as quickly as possible, and are looking for teams who welcome a hands on approach).
We like people who are honest about their weaknesses as well as their strengths, so if there’s an area in which you feel our assistance could be most valuable – tell us!